Developments in UI Kit

fonts copy

Beginning with fonts, I want to use Sans Serif fonts as the spacing between letters is more beneficial for an older demographic therefore I have assigned fonts to page titles, headings, paragraph text and smaller text to create a consistent  style for the designs.

sign in pages 2

I have redesigned the sign up pages, reducing items per working page to one task per page therefore to not overload the user and taking each element step by step to introduce them to the interface. Everything which is clickable is assigned an emboss and shadow affect to create a three-dimensional appearance and therefore create a visual cue to elements which are clickable. I have also given the option of creating an accoutn using their national insurance number to generate their information as this may be more accessible for an older demographic who may not own an email address. For users who want to create an account from scratch and do not hold an email account I have added the option of creating an email address where users will be directed to Gmail in order to create an email address for their account. I have also placed a confirmation page at the end, this is to reassure the user that they have completed this task correctly and gain confidence in their interaction with the interface and therefore reduce any anxiety or apprehension they may have.

tickets

For interfaces which may require booking events and acquiring tickets I have created a ticket page, this resembles a real life ticket which would be given at cinemas/parking tickets to resemble something they may recognise, making use of real object-like interface. The ticket will only include vital information so not to clutter the page and a bar-code to gain access to the event.

calendar

I have began a calendar page where reminders for events can be placed, I have avoided using the word notification as the users may not understand this term therefore reminder fits well. The buttons are spaced 2cm apart so to avoid accidentally clicking the incorrect date. I have also made each square 5.50cm x 5.50cm, this is larger than what is recommended however the larger the surface area of the target the more likely the user is to click the correct date and since the designs are to fit an IPad Pro size tablet I feel as though the sizes are appropriate for the market.