Evaluations for each Project

Digital Media 2

For my project for Digital media 2 I aim to design an app and website designed for the over 50’s. The app will be aimed at reducing loneliness in the elderly therefore the functions will revolve around socialisation. The app will offer events suitable for them in their area, you can see other members that will be attending and discuss any upcoming events or suggest new events to meet up with other members. There will be a discussion page, like a forum where members can ask any questions or queries they may have to gain opinions from people like them, this can open up opportunities to meet new people and connect with people around the world. For members wanting to travel but have nobody to travel with you can suggest holidays you would like to go and gain companionship for your travels, there will be sponsored holidays featured on the page which will be travel deals suitable for the elderly and group travel organised by travel agents and advertised on this page. The help page will include a help line for the app, charities and volunteer help and also volunteer opportunities they can help with. What I will be evaluating this project on is the design suitability for this age group. The over 50’s are the least likely to use technology therefore appealing to an audience which may not understand technology and features may be difficult. There will be numerous tests on the target market, beginning with layout design, buttons, pages etc. Then testing design elements to ensure the target audience can easily navigate and understand the pages without needing a younger market to show how to use it as the aim is to liberate the generation to give confidence and independence to socialise more through the use of technology. I will then evaluate the usability and design suitability for my target market, my designs and layout will be modified from tests of my designs and my final designs will be evaluated through interviews with the target market. I aim to test the final design on a range of 50-80 year olds, I will ask them to navigate the app with no help and ask them to give their opinions on the design and layout at the end. These will be recorded and be my evaluation for Project 2.

Digital Media 3

For my final project I will use the design I have tested and modified to fit the target market from project 2 and create a digital prototype. The app and website will be fully designed and functional to use on a tablet or computer. I want to gain opinions of functionality from users that may recommend the app to their relatives such as parents who want their parents to be sociable, people who have grandparents who would recommend the app and the target market users on how they feel about the app, how they understand it and how likely they are to use and recommend it. I would also need to evaluate how I would market the app, since the older generation do not use technology often the marketing campaign would have to persuade the older generation that the app will change their life and some would need to invest in an initial product in order to use it. This project then will not only be evaluating the functionality of the app and how it appeals to the over 50’s but also the likelihood of it being used and recommended in order for the app to be successful and how to successfully market to the target audience.